If you feel like a square peg in a round hole at the office, then you’re not alone.
It’s why person-organisation fit is a thing in organisational psychology.
It’s no fun when you get it wrong.
And it’s hard to get it right.
When you join a company,
You can pretty much work out if an organization has compatible values.
At least in theory.
It’s a reason to join.
And if you’re not compatible personality-wise?
That’s not so easy to pre-determine. You’ll soon find that out.
It’s a reason to leave.
Some reasons the fit might be off include feeling like you’re the only person who believes:
- collaboration will lead to more success than competition
- people and passion come before transactions
- that your experience at the office can be different.
I’ve been invited to join an amazing lineup of experts who have come together to share their knowledge and strategies for how work can be done differently – both for you personally and for your company.
The Corporate Rebel Series is a free interview training series for professionals who want to lead, be free, and find success at work – all at the same time.
And it’s free to join! Grab your spot here.
This training series is for you if…
- You feel like the odd one, the square peg, the maverick in your office, the one who asks the ‘interesting’ questions and sees creative and unique possibilities
- You want to put work back on your terms
- You want to bring your gifts and your best self to the office every day (rather than the burned out and crabby you)
- You want to take charge of your career and your success rather than leaving it to your boss or your next performance review
- You know there are new ways to work and you need some ideas to make your office a place you enjoy going every day.
That’s where The Corporate Rebel Series comes in. This free training series features 25 experts who will share their best tips, insights and strategies that will show you how to:
- Master executive presence
- Discover the work you were born to do
- Create success for yourself
- Make your workplace a place you want to be every day
- Talk to your boss so you get what you want.
I was honored when Christina Boyd-Smith invited me to join her line up of speakers – international experts, best-selling authors, the founders of international leadership training programs, and executive coaches who know a thing or two about developing leaders.
And how could I say no when I’ve felt like a corporate rebel too? When I simply didn’t fit. You’ll hear me talk about it.
If you’ve been waiting for permission to let your creativity and true self lead at work, wait no longer.
It’s no fun feeling like the square peg. I hope this helps.